There are many benefits for an organisation that opts to follow a standardised process or method when investigating, initiating and managing projects. Some of these benefits are:
- It provides a consistent approach to projects in an organisation
- It allows for the incorporation of best practices and learnings
- The project success rate is increased, ultimately saving costs
- It raises the skill of project managers in the organisation
- A common knowledge base is created reducing project risks
- The dependency on consultants is reduced
Project Portal has been designed around a simple, yet structured, methodology. The methodology consists of a project management knowledge base, templates, tools and specific activities to guide the project manager through all phases of the project. The methodology module of projectportal.co.za allows for an organisation to design a custom methodology to suit the way in which they would like to manage projects. Your companies specific templates and deliverables can be uploaded.